25 March 2012

{M} Sunday Music Wishlist (Week 3) BIRTHDAY SPECIAL

{M}
This blog post contains mixed English and Filipino languages.


Good day to all of you! This is my birthday special of the weekly Sunday Music Wishlist.


Regarding last Sunday (18th March), hindi po ako nakapag-post nito for I can't spend time for making and posting blogs.


I returned to Blogger this week for I have more time for this already, at tsaka, nalalapit na ang aking birthday.


This week's edition doesn't feature any featured words. However, ipapakita lang ng limang kantang ito kung paano sila naging o magiging parte ng maglalabinsiyam na taon ko dito sa mundo.


Let's start na!


Ang unang kanta ay ang napili kong "Theme Song of the Year" para sa aking ika-19 na kaarawan. If you can still remember, I chose "Defying Gravity" as my last year's theme song dahil I turned 18, meaning hindi na ako menor de edad, and it calls me to do what I haven't done before entering the age of majority, "defying gravity" 'ika nga.


I chose this song because I liked 'yung part na "I get knocked down, but I get up again" na paulit-ulit na binabanggit sa kantang ito. Sa dami ng pinagdaanan ko, ako po'y nadapa, pinadapa, at pilit idinadapa, but thanks be to my sandigang hindi natitibag, si God, in spite of those things, I'm still alive.


Here is "Tubthumping" by Chumbawamba, released in 1997.


Before you watch it, sabihin ko lang po that the video below is not it's official music video. For some reasons, it doesn't work here. So I just posted a different yet humorous video.





Next song is a thirty-five year old song, ito 'yung pinapatugtog ng Papa ko sa radyo nung bata pa ako (casette tape pa 'yun) para makatulog kami ng kapatid ko (si April).


A lot of years had passed, I hadn't heard of this, the song that used to be the "lullaby" for us to fall asleep. Yet, last 2010, my Indonesian roommate asked me if I know this song. At first, I said no, but when he played it on his laptop, woah, I knew this! I knew this! I was brought back to my childhood days then.


This is "Ballade pour Adeline" played by Richard Clayderman (1976).





Going back to that song, I'm sure your parents (if the reader is in the Philippines) know this, this song is the OST for "Lovingly Yours, Helen" broadcast on GMA-7 (a major national television station in the Philippines) which ran from the 80s to the early 90s. The said TV show is very popular at that time.


When I was a kid, I liked singing, well, now I still do. When we went on a vacation to my mother's hometown in Sorsogon more than a decade ago, I always go to the hut where the karaoke is located, and always sing there. Lagi nga 'kong pinagbabawalan kasi madalas lasing Tiyo Tony ko noon, natatakot silang pagbalingan ako, but I don't really care, siyempre bata, may pagka-willful, so I still sing, in spite nga na lasing nga si Tiyo. And the songs I used to sing back then were "Spanish Eyes", "Quando Quando", and other Frank Sinatra and Engelbert Humperdinck songs.


Itong ipi-feature ko dito ay isa rin sa mga iyon, at applicable siya sa current status ko. Here is "A Man Without Love" by Engelbert Humperdinck (1968).





For the record, Mr. Humperdinck is still living, he's now 75 years old. 'Nu kaya masasabi niya if he will compare the music of 40 years ago at 'yung music natin ngayon?


'Nung kabataan ko rin, nakahiligan ko ang mga masasayang awitin, 'yun din kasi ang panahong naglabasan ang mga songs under the "Bubblegum pop" genre. Bihira na lang ito ngayon. Examples po n'yan ay "Doctor Jones" at "Barbie Girl" at "Tarzan and Jane" ng grupong Aqua, gayundin ang "This Is How We Do It" ng Solid Base, puro 'yan between late 90s at early 2000s na awitin.


Ang susunod na video ay isa sa mga halimbawa ng bubblegum pop na kinahiligan ko rin, entitled "Superhero" ng Daze (1997). [HQ]





Lastly, we're jumping from me being a seven-year-old kid to being a person who is in my late teens.


Aside sa "Theme Song of the Year", ako rin po'y pumipili ng "Love Song of the Year", kaso ito'y pinipili bago pa magsimula ang isang bagong taon.


Ang mga napipili kong "Love Song of the Year" ay pawang naglalahad ng aking current status sa lovelife sa panahong piniipili ko ang awitin. I listen to the lyrics many many times just to choose a love song for the approaching new year.


Ang mga napili kong "Love Song of the Year" ay ang "Falling Away" ni Miguel Escueta (for 2008); "Crush" ni David Archuleta (for 2009); "Can't Keep On Loving You" ni Elliott Yamin (for 2010); at ang "Where Are You" nina Natalie at Justin Roman (for last year).


The last video of this week's edition of SMW is my 2012 Love Song of the Year. It's "Just So You Know" by Jesse McCartney (2006).


Note: 95% of the lyrics, in my lovelife's case, are true.





Hahay...hahaha....naibahagi ko na naman a bit details of my life.
Hanggang sa muli, salamat sa pagtangkilik sa aking blog!


>> rrj@chn_2012-03-25

No comments: