04 March 2012

{E} Sunday Music Wish List (Week 1)

{E}
This blog post is suitable for worldwide English-speaking readers.


Hi!


This is a new weekly special in my blog.
The Sunday Music Wish List!


Every Sunday, my blog will bring you five songs that have a connection or that have something to do with the featured word.


Anyways, the featured word for this week is SUGAR.


I know that there are thoughts running in your head on what the five songs will be. Let's see the first song.


The first song was released in 2001. It ranked 2nd in the US Billboard Adult Top 40 on the same year.


One of my friends introduced it to me and it became one of my favorite songs.


My friends, here is "When It's Over" by Sugar Ray.
(WARNING: Video may contain scenes not suitable for young viewers.)





The second song, i think everybody knows this. It was released in 2009. It peaked at #2 in New Zealand and at #5 in the U.S.


This is the popular song of Flo Rida featuring Wynter, entitled "Sugar."





The third song, a lot of you  don't know this. This was released in 1961 by The Drifters and was revived a few years later by The Searchers.


If your parents were alive in the 60s, they surely know this.


Here is "Sweets For My Sweet" by The Searchers.
BLACK AND WHITE VIDEO >> HQ





Hey, where's the "sugar" there?
It's in the lyrics!
"Sweets for my sweet, sugar for my honey..."


Archie Comics are not that "in" nowadays, but one of their animated music segments has an obvious connection with our fourth song.


The music video below is first shown in 1969 at CBS (Columbian Broadcasting Network, a leading television network in the U.S.) for the show "The Archie Comedy Hour".


I think this song somehow is familiar to you.


Let's watch "Sugar, Sugar" by The Archies





Lastly, the latest song among the five. It's from Trick Daddy with Cee-Lo, on their 2011 song, which is also entitled "Sugar".
(WARNING: Lyrics contain words not appropriate for children.)





Since this is a "wishlist", I'm open for suggestions of featured words; you can do any of the following:
1. comment on this blog,
2. send me a message thru Facebook, or 
3. tweet me on @Joe27Tweets

Your suggested word might be featured here next Sunday.
Hope you guys like it.
Thanks for viewing!


>> rrj@chn_2012-03-04

No comments: