09 April 2017

Songs that Bring Back the Old Times (Part Two)

For the first part of this blog series, please click here.
For the third and last part of this blog series, please click here.

Introduction. The first part (1995-2001) is all about the songs that I really longed for. I must have searched for several years to find them. Thank goodness the search went successful. This time, the songs that I picked from hundreds of hits between 2002 and 2007 remind me of my elementary days. During this period, my song preference is really diverse, however, I became aware of myself being a "music lover," I started to believe that songs can soothe me, console me, and bring me happiness.

Well, let's get to it, shall we?


2002. “If You’re Not the One” by Daniel Beddingfield
A big hit for Daniel Beddingfield, I enjoyed listening to it. I never knew back then the meaning of this song, or why this song was written. I just loved hearing its melody.


2003. “Happy” by Alexia
This song was first introduced in 1999 if I'm not mistaken. But it only reached the PH airwaves when the hit Taiwanese TV show "Meteor Garden" played this one. This song made you happy, doesn't it?

2004. “Chocolate (Choco Choco)” by Soul Control
The Choco Choco song became popular here, well, GMA 7 is the one to blame. I remembered Star Struck artists dancing to this tune. I was so inspired with this one I even wrote a parody version. Whew, memories...


2005. “Ever After (Eric’s Beach Mix)” by Bonnie Bailey
I and my younger sister really love this song. Whenever Myx all of a sudden plays this one, we rush to the remote control and turn the volume up. Though this song is looooong, but we never got tired of listening! See for yourself!


2006. “Feel Your Breeze” by V6
Another one introduced by GMA 7. It was when "Gokusen" (a Japanese hit drama) debuted in Philippine television. I really liked the meaning of the song (Thanks Anime Lyrics), it tells us that even though things have turned different from what we expected, but our everyday life has to carry on.


2007. “Eargasmic” by Dice & K9
This one is now less heard in the radio waves. Sayang. I really find this song "eargasmic." 


No comments: