27 March 2019

Year 25 Checklist

BEFORE YOU SCROLL DOWN.
To make things easier for me this year, I intend to make a checklist (a bunch of yes-no questions) of what has happened to me in my silver (25th) year. This also serves as a reflection on which aspects I did perfectly well or horribly wrong.

PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT.
Outlook mostly positive? YES
Felt any changes in personality? YES
Exerted effort to correct imperfections? YES
Are you a patient person? NO :(
Find ways to de-stress? YES
Had a "Me Time"? YES
Do you forgive to forget? NO :(
When in fault, do you apologize? YES
Pride and ego hurting others? YES :(
Faced fears and obstacles? YES

Notes:
I am starting to look on the brighter side (a trait which my students got me affected) whenever "bad" things are happening. But I need to check on how I see myself, so that I can improve my persona.



RELATIONSHIPS.
Gained new friendships? YES
Gained people's trust? YES (well 1% distrust me)
Felt pressure when making new friends? YES
Had infatuation? YES
Had a relationship? NO :(
Had attempts to have a relationship? NO
Unfriended somebody? YES :(
Made steps to mend broken bonds? NO :(

Notes:
I italicized the word relationship because I'm pertaining to that relationship.
Relationships and trust matter to us introverts. We are kinda lost when we lose one. Unfortunately, I did some unfriending this year, no, that friend unfriended me because I was just trying to be clear on something and then poof it became Koko Crunch. So that's a minus points for me.


FINANCES.
Spending excessively? NO
Paid some debt? YES!!!
Financially responsible? YES
Saving for charity? YES
Saving for the future? YES
Rewards for yourself? YES (not much but yes)
A time when you needed finances? YES :(

Notes:
Well, if I'm just expending my resources only fory myself, then yes I would have considered myself financially stable. But as of my latest computation, 60-65% of my earnings go to helping my family. But hey, if I'm not helping them, who can?


HEALTH AND LIFESTYLE.
Eating healthy? NO :(
Crash diet? NO
Sports? YES
Skipping meals? YES :(
Daily exercise? NO :(
Going to the great outdoors? NO :(
Work and life balance? NO :(

Notes:
Right now, I am going to a place where I can swim. I push myself to swim a kilometer to trim my lipids to its minimum. I'm seeing positive results so far. I look forward to a better conditon by the time I turn 27. I need to exert more effort though.


TIME MANAGEMENT.
Wasted time? YES :(
Habitually punctual? NO :(
Had you procrastinated? YES :(
Cramming to finish tasks? YES :(
Made time-bound goals? NO :(

Notes:
This is where I always rate myself very poorly. Yes, there are many factors to it, but I can only blame myself for that. God help me!


SPIRITUAL LIFE.
Stable relationship with God? NO :(
Had a prayerful life? NO :(
Prayed for other people? YES
Heart longed for inner peace? YES

Notes:
My spiritual life has been in the doldrums since starting my work here in Manila. I am missing the feeling of calmness and freedom just like when I was in high school (I had bigger and worse problems back then) and in college (where I experienced people of any race and culture worship as one). I told some of my close friends, whenever I attend church services, my attention has been mostly on people, not on God. So instead of committing hypocrisy, I always opt not to go. I'm asking for your prayers.

No comments: